When it comes to software quality, the ultimate goal is to prevent customers from coming back with bad reviews. It does not matter how many defects you have fixed before finalizing, those parameters to conclude product success are long gone. In this article at TechBeacon, you come to know how to measure software quality in 5 ways.
Tips to Measure Software Quality
Agile has transformed the way software quality is measured by teams nowadays. The methodology not only allows faster delivery but also helps to maintain product quality. Following are the 5 software quality metrics that you should measure:
- Committed Stories and Delivered Results: In software term, stories are the use cases that you have committed to achieving in a sprint. You must meet the required quality in order to fulfill your commitment delivery per sprint.
- Maintaining Quality Throughout the Product Lifecycle: Companies are increasingly pressurizing teams to introduce better software quality with reduced costings. The only answer to this is creating a lifecycle that spans from the story point creation to coding. The next steps are testing, developing, and unit tests. You can test the complex tasks while automating the simpler ones. This ensures that you are creating a quality product in record time.
- Production Incidents: Though maintaining incremental growth in software quality matters, you must also look at the reduction of product incidents. With this metric, you will understand the key factors for production incident. Your team can prevent those factors and enable increased improvement per release.
- Importance of User Feedback: Users require with ease of design, performance consistency, operational value, and brand reputation. When you consider the user feedback, it becomes easier to incorporate the software quality requirements in your next sprint. On a macro level, this can lead to a better understanding of the market demand.
- Incremental Perfection: Allow teams to prioritize and devote time and energy to popular story points. Both the teams and stakeholders can see the tangible results and compare them with the previous ones. Moreover, your teams are better prepared and ready to take ownership of software quality by enhancing their process standards.
To view the original article in full, click on the following link: https://techbeacon.com/top-5-software-quality-metrics-matter-right-now