The popularity of Daniel Wellington is a good example of how Instagram influencer marketing works. Market it right and you get Kendall Jenner flaunting your products, 3 million social media followers, and $207 million revenue. In this article at Digimind, Melissa Chue discusses 4 benchmarking metrics that would disclose if your Instagram influencer marketing is effective.
Purpose of Benchmarking Influencer Marketing
You need to investigate the influencers and the value they are adding to your campaign. This is the reason you must benchmark Instagram influencer marketing. Here are the 4 benchmarking metrics to find out the effectiveness of your Instagram influencer marketing.
Validity and Engagements:
2014 saw Instagram creating ghost or bot accounts and exchanging comments and likes. This incident hampered the organic influencer marketing efforts of the celebrities and influencers as a whole. You should keep a close eye on these three following aspects:
- Engagement Rate: A good organic influencer marketing should earn between 2 to 10 percent. Anything lesser than that means less than expected engagement.
- Instagram Stories: If users view all of your Instagram Stories, your influencer marketing is working great. Here too you should expect 2 to 10 percent engagement.
- Post Comments: Unlike automated comments like “Wow,” original comments will use various words. Use the social listening tool to find out commonly used and automated words.
To know if your Instagram influencer marketing is relevant, analyze the region, age, gender, and interest types of the followers. The influencers must integrate follower engagement with brand promotion. Only then is your influence marketing being effective.
Influencer Effect on Campaign KPIs:
Start measuring how the influencers are improving your campaign by calculating their individual influence.
- Reach KPIs: How many published posts are done by the influencers for your marketing campaign? How many audiences could they attract? What are the demographics? How many customers, sign-ups, or followers have you acquired per influencer? These are questions for which you must have answers for a successful Instagram influencer marketing.
- Engagement KPIs: What is the volume of interests and discussions that your influencers raised about your campaign? What is the actual engagement quality of the users? Is it for the campaign or the influencers?
- Sales KPIs: What is the number of sales each influence was able to attract? Create a unique tracking link or discount code to understand this KPI.
It is necessary to know how your competitors are doing in terms of Instagram influencer marketing. Find out how they are maximizing influencers. Also, you must know how much voice and sentiment they have earned through their influencer marketing.
To view the original article in full, click on the following link: https://blog.digimind.com/en/insight-driven-marketing/execute/the-guide-to-instagram-influencer-marketing-4-benchmarking-tips-for-marketers/