Amid the growing rage of digital transformation, consumers have become open to sharing confidential data in exchange for accessibility. Organizations that are the data to serve them with advanced services must protect it from cyber attackers.
In this article at Dark Reading, Joshua Goldfarb suggests coming up with innovative ways to layout impeccable security metrics and protect the company data.
Your cybersecurity teams must come up with reliable ways to defend confidential data. Their metrics must be in tune with the expected security standards. These benchmarks help you understand what works for your company. Follow these tips to cover the existing glitches in your security network.
Tips to Maintain Existing Framework
Here are some smart ideas to enhance your existing security metrics:
- Your target audience is the reason for security metrics. So, the framework must address their cybersecurity needs and concerns. To keep the stakeholders involved in the process, integrate their feedback in the security metrics.
- Dig deep to learn about the ramifications of the existing metric. Check if the security parameter is efficient in keeping the potential threats under control. If you encounter high risks, initiate required adjustments to handle them at an early stage.
- Even the most reliable security framework could fail if the data applied is ineffective or flawed. So, use the right source of information or data collection only.
- Changing sophisticated security threats demand highly complicated measures to protect the data. Try modern prototypes and combinations to design a reliable framework.
- Accurate mapping is significant to assess and measure the effectiveness of the security arrangements regularly. Take the right mapping initiatives to seal the deal.
- Cybersecurity risks are fluid. Monitor the emerging risk mitigation landscape and focus on justifying the present security framework.
- Establish a tolerable range of adjustments to reflect transformations in the existing business and threat landscape. Observe your pitches to ensure your tolerance is in line with manageable risk influencers.
- Stay informed to combat potential threats and assess your security metrics. Initiate modifications whenever required and take preventive measures to improve your security standards.
- Seek help from peer associations, industry forums, and experts to gain insightful information about your system. These networks can help you fix the existing loopholes and develop a robust metrics framework.
- Only consolidated data can create a feasible security metric. So, leverage digital dashboards or invest in innovative security systems to prevent breaches.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.darkreading.com/threat-intelligence/keeping-a-strong-security-metrics-framework-strong-/a/d-id/1336962